Quick Meal: Miso Salmon Salad
This nutrient-dense salad is full of satisfying healthy omega-3 fatty acids and protein. The miso packs a flavor and probiotic punch. Bell peppers and lemon juice add antioxidants, and the greens are rich in folate (use spinach for a greater folate kick) and fiber.
The best part? It takes about 10 minutes from fridge to fork.
Arugula Miso Salmon Salad
- 4 Cups Arugula
- 1 Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 3 Green Onions (Scallions) Sliced, even the green parts
- 1 6-ounce can Wild Salmon (or cooked, smoked, your choice)
- 1 Tbsp. Miso Paste
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Avocado, Pitted and Sliced
- 1 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste (I rarely add salt because of the miso)
Directions: Drain the salmon and quick chop the vegetables. Add salmon, bell pepper, onions, miso, oil, and seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Makes two servings. Serve on top of arugula or baby spinach. Top with avocado slices.
Feeling adventurous? Add sliced strawberries- trust me, it's delicious!